Sammy, today you turn one month old. And you are no longer a newborn but have graduated to the great stage of infant. And boy is your mom proud. Your dad and I have learned so much about you this month. You're starting to sleep through the nights longer, four or five hours at a time! You are extremely alert when you are awake and your eyes get really wide when you see light and shadows. You have an endless amount of facial expressions that change very quickly. When you smile we get to see the beautiful little dimples of yours. You're also starting to make a lot more noises. You grunt like a little pig when you're eating and look like a little baby alligator at the same time. Also, you already have a really strong neck. We haven't started tummy time but you are able to hold your head up for quite a while. It amazes me that you are here with us today because last year at this time we weren't even planning on having a baby. Isn't it great to see how much life can change in one year. We're glad that God gave you to us. Love, Mom
Hey Sammy,
I'm watching you sleep right now and as creepy as that may sound to you, watching you is actually really special to me. The last 4 weeks have been a whirlwind. You have learned how to feed like a champ. You are more and more handsome every day. Your cry is getting stronger. Sleeping is becoming easier for you although you sometimes seem to wake yourself up as you gnaw on your pacifier. I love the sound you make when you try to cry and gnaw on your pacifier at the same time . . .ghnunh, ghnunh, ghunh. Sometimes you flail your arms out. I think you're learning how to use your muscles, but sometimes you hit me in the face when I'm holding you, so now I wear a mouthguard just to be safe. You are so strong. Cuddling you is a full contact sport. I can't wait to play other sports with you!
I've also been impressed with your strength in the dead-lift, the three or four sonnets you've t written this week, your tireless effort in translating the bible into Swahili and your ability to negotiate the release of hostages from Somali pirates. Your future is so bright. Can't wait to see what you do next month! Love, Dad
2 comments:
What a great treasure these notes will be to you both and Sammy! I love the way both of your personalities show in your words and the way you describe the highlights of Sammy's first month in the big world! Happy one month Birthday Sammy! Can't wait for many, many more!
okay you two, now that I am balling....thanks alot, I guess it doesnt take a hormonal woman much to cry:) He is soo precious and so blessed to have you two as his parents.
Post a Comment