Sammy took a couple of short crawling steps on Christmas Day. Now, just as he turns nine months, he's a seasoned crawling pro.
Which gets me to my post title. HELP! I am now accepting any advice on how to deal with a crawling, curious, mischievous little boy who seems to be getting into everything. Any suggestions?
11 comments:
Suggestions...here are a few...
1. They move fast so never go too far
2. Invest in some safety plugs for your outlets
3. Thank God continually that you can chase after him...what a blessing it is to be a mother!
I love the way Sammy deliberatly places his hands. What a pro!
Sammy's crawling... Norah's walking! Ellie was over here today and Norah is now walking more than crawling (she had to keep up)! Suggestions... he understands far more than you think he does. Set boundaries early! Let him have reign over a tupperware cabinet and try to keep him out of the others by redirecting him to that one cabinet (although we did put locks on the one with poisons). And above all: HAVE FUN chasing him around.
Oh, my friend, this is where the work really begins! I agree with everything that Maggie said. Your little man understands WAY more than you think, set bounadries and STICK with them. We've had a lot of success with limiting kids area of exploration and opening up the boundaries as they get older and have more understanding.
This is an exciting time in the Salinas Household!!
I just love that Maggie!
Lauren, Sammy is adorable!! (and so is your blog!) I'm going to have fun looking through your archives and watching your little man progress :-) -Leanne
Sammy has that crawling down! It is so much fun now...he won't have to be carried to go anywhere and his personality will shine! He is such a cutie and I love your encouraging voice on the video. What worked well with Elli, was "detours". I placed tupperware or small toys in front of things she couldn't play with and that usually distracted her, but when she played with "no touches" I told her not to play with it and guided her back to the detours. She now plays and plays in the kitchen, etc. and only plays with her toys/tupperware and knows her boundaries. It may take a month or two of headaches at this point, but it just gets more and more fun!
I don't have any wise or helpful advice to share but I am an expert on spotting cuteness and I see it all over little Sammy the crawler's facel!
Just imagine if you were him... it would be like finding out you have a super power. Now you can play hide-and-go-seek!
Lauren, listen to Rebecca - she is an expert!
Oh my, what great advice from everyone. All I can say is welcome to baby world of mobility. It is so fun and you can never go back!
Can't wait to see him in a few weeks.
Post a Comment