Thursday, December 24, 2009

My favorite part of Christmas

Christmas Eve might be my favorite part of the Christmas Season. As much as I love Christmas day, I always seem to find myself immersed in cookie baking, exchanging gifts, or doing something other than relaxing.

This is why I think Christmas Eve is my favorite part of the holiday. The anticipation of the next day is hanging in the air and the whole family gets together to attend the Christmas Eve service. I look forward to the Christmas Eve service every year because it's my time to focus on the birth of Jesus and to be thankful for what he has given us. We are thankful for God coming to earth as a little baby and sacrificing everything for us. My understanding, joy, and gratefulness has deepened this year with the birth of our Sammy. Nathan and I have been blessed with so much. Thank you, Jesus.


Lighting up the Ranch with Christmas Lights


Reindeer on the mantle


Sparkling Snowflake


Our decorated Christmas Tree


Christmas Eve dinner.
There was no way I was going to cook! :)

Finally, while we were at dinner, the nice waitress gave Sammy his first Christmas gift. A purple Balloon. He was so excited. Unfortunately, he learns the tough lesson of what happens when you let go...



3 comments:

Toby and Rebecca said...

Poor Sammy! What a hard lesson to learn but good timing really. You learn about loosing a toy the night before the best toy day of the year!

p.s. it is a family tradition of ours that we go out on Christmas Eve (or get take out)... I am with you on the way too much going on to try and cook a meal.

Toby and Rebecca said...

I love your tree and decor pictures!! You already got that awesome Christmas light picture way before the tutorial- way to go!

Karen said...

Hilarious!! I'm glad he didn't cry - I think mine would have.