Last week Mom Salinas and I took a road trip. 24 hours in the car, 4 days, 2 destinations: Dallas, Tx and Bella Vista, Arkansas.
Our first stop was to visit Uncle Jim and Aunt Bonnie in Dallas. We had a fantastic time visiting with them and relaxing around the house. And, of course, playing with the Basset Hounds. Aunt Bonnie is a Basset Hound breeder and they currently have 15 dogs at the house! Plus, two puppies waiting for their families to pick them up this week. Sammy loves dogs and seemed completely comfortable around them. But Penn, well, Penn was in heaven. He LOVES dogs. I think this little boy needs a dog and needs one soon! I wonder what type of dog will be good for the Alaskan climate? I guess we'll have to see.
After Dallas, we continued to Arkansas. Arkansas is beautiful and reminds me slightly of central Pennsylvania. We were greeting with miles upon miles of big trees and hills. I imagine it's even more beautiful in the fall.
It was great to see Grandpa Harlow, who just celebrated his 93rd birthday! We had a wonderful time with him and he was so patient and kind to the boys. (Because, by the 12th hour in the car, they we're a little wound up.) And I loved seeing his new home and some of the places around town that are a big part of his life.
All in all, it was a trip that I will always remember and cherish.









2 comments:
Grandpa Harlow looks great, what a blessing for him to see Sammy and Penn (and of course you and Debbie).
We all are anxiously waiting to see what dog will be added to your family, espcially since animals have personalities just like humans. I am imagining a Salinas home filled with various animal and human sounds! Sounds like a healthy family to me.
Great pictures Lauren!! I agree that Penn needs a pup... soon!! Remember when he said "dog"! And I love to see the walking pictures with his Grandma Salinas :)
The one of Sammy kicking up is too cute- well done!
Post a Comment