This year we enrolled Sammy and Penn into gymnastics. It works out perfectly because both of their classes run at the exact same time, which allows me to be with Penn while Sammy is in his class. Because the gymnasium is one big open space, I can watch Sammy at the same time. I've been really impressed with the strength training they've been working on with Sammy. His core strength seem to have improved over the last few weeks.
A funny story about Sammy is that last week I asked his coach about how Sammy is doing in class. I had noticed that some of the other kids were not listening to the coach. I wanted to make sure that Sammy was listening to what his coach was asking of him. (Especially since listening seems to be an area we struggle with at home. :) ) So, when I questioned the coach about how Sammy is doing in class, the coach laughed and said, "Yes, Sammy behaves well and listens to me, but he does talks a lot."
It made me laugh because he really does talk all the time.
Penn's class, on the other hand, is basically a free for all. Just picture a dozen 1 year olds running wild with lots of obstacle, balls, ladders and trampolines in their paths. It keeps me on my toes. But it's a lot of fun to see Penn exploring each of the different apparatuses. It's also fun for me to have some one-on-one time with him.




4 comments:
Norah is LOVING gymnastics too! I think it's the highlight of her week. Fun way for them to burn off energy since you can't go outside as much now!
Oh how I wish I could come and watch the boys - the pictures really help me to see what they are doing. Sammy looks so tall!
Love
Mom
Lauren,
I miss your boys, Nate and YOU! I loved reading all your posts and catching up! Looks like Alaska is amazing! Love you!
Whitney
What a wonderful opportunity! You are so wise. And those boys are so wonderful.
Post a Comment