Saturday, October 10, 2009

Balboa Park and La Jolla

In the morning, before the conference on the second day, we took a walk along La Jolla Cove.  It was a little chilly, but we got some good family pictures.











Balboa Park- One of the cool things about San Diego is that they have a huge park in the city that is home to beautiful gardens, museums, and the zoo.  All in one place!  Sammy and I were able to take in the amazing botanical, rose and cactus gardens.

The park also has a little international village with 10 x 10 foot one-story houses that each represent a different country.  They had an Italian house, Puerto Rican, Iranian, and Chinese.  I didn't see a house dedicated to Switzerland, though.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I need to move to San Diego and open one.

On the Sunday we were there, they were a Chinese festival with Chinese dragons, and food stands. It was a lot of fun.

                            
Sammy, not too impressed with the statue behind him.


Dinner at The Prado @ Balboa Park

5 comments:

Deborah Salinas said...

How awesome!! Sammy, your first dip in the Pacific. AND you went with the two best people in the world--your mom and dad! Make sure Dad takes you back for your own day of surfing (when you can stand up by yourself). I love you guys--you are amazing.

Nana

pjtj said...

Looks like you had one fun time in california and Sammy sure is having a great time! Sorry couldn't talk with you more at church today...look forward to seeing you soon!

Anonymous said...

Just think - Sammy has been in the Pacific and in Crooked Lake....
I think he is going to love all water sports!
Love
Grammy

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] said...

ok, your first family picture is totally christmas card worthy! LOVE IT! Hope you are enjoying your new camera!!

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] said...

ooh--and I have to ask if you are swiss?!? I am--my third cousins live on an alpaca farm in the alps. I am DYING to go visit!