Saturday, October 10, 2009

California Sun and Surf

This past week Sammy and I accompanied Nate to an ENT conference in San Diego.  San Diego is a beautiful city that has lots of outdoorsy things to do.  Plus, the weather was perfect.  Each day was around 70 degrees and sunny. We were outside every day walking around the city, going to the zoo, to the beach, Balboa park and we even got to see the Lees family. It was a great time for us to get away from San Antonio and to relax.  I can't wait to go back.


On the first day, Nate went surfing with Toby.  This is the only picture of the day.




While Nate was learning to surf, I took a brisk walk through the Gaslamp district and went antique shopping to check out the architecture and culture of the city.


Architectural Salvage shop that had great antique doors, windows, knobs, and much more.
A lot of the California architecture has a distinct 1950's feel.
I felt like I was stepping back in time into a 1950's movie set.


He doesn't mind shopping as long as we are outside too.


Later that day, we went to meet the Lees family in their hometown.



Family picture at IN-N-OUT burger. Toby and Rebecca recommend
getting my burger "animal style".  And boy was it GOOOOOD!


Rylie playing with Sammy


Priceless Faces


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures certainly define the Salinas family...Nathan with the surf board, Lauren looking at architecture, and Sammy smiling at pretty girls! GREAT PICTURES! Love the one with Sammy and Rylie.
Love Grammy

Toby and Rebecca said...

Awesome! It was so fun to see you guys. Great pictures!

ps. I like Sammy's new ride!

Karen said...

What a great family picture. Love it!

Zach said...

i want a picture with an inn and out hat on

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] said...

mmMMMMmm! animal style!!! Rylie & Sammy are so cute together!

Anonymous said...

I think the in & out pic of the 3 of you is my favorite family pic yet!

Debbie said...

Sammy is the cutest waiter at In-N-Out. What a wonderful smile he has. Love, P'Joe