Saturday, February 27, 2010

Fathering

I think one of my favorite parts of becoming a mom is the way it has changed my relationship with Nate. Seeing him interact with our son is special and heartwarming for me. Although Nate works ungodly hours at the hospital he still always makes time for me and Sammy when he gets home. During those few hours he gets with Sammy, they have managed to develop a special bond. Nate has a way about him that really calms and soothes Sammy.

These pictures are from when we were in San Diego last December. We were at the zoo and it had been a long day for Sammy. He started to get fussy while we were waiting in line and I had a chance to capture some precious moments with my camera. I love them. Nate was able to calm him down and allowed all of us a chance to enjoy the rest of the day.










4 comments:

Karen said...

What precious pictures. I'm sure Sammie already knows what a special Mom and Dad he has. Thanks for sharing those.

Bethany Ward said...

I love how you captured the change in his mood. Such sweet moments. You're so talented, Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Lauren! Ir made me cry. Bethany is right, you captured the change in Sammy's mood perfectly. Family is the best God designed miracle. It is full of surprises, energy, and love. Praise Him - God is amazing.
Love you Lauren,
Sammy's Grammy

Anna said...

beautiful photos! they sum up the two of them. so sweet.