Each year in the spring along the highways all across Texas, the landscape is blanketed by millions of bluebonnets, the Texas state flower. The tradition in Texas is to take pictures of your children in the bluebonnets each year. I found out about this tradition from my friend, Tammy. Thanks to Tammy and her bluebonnet adventure, I chose to bypass the dangers of plopping Sammy in a bluebonnet field along highway 1604 and went for the safer alternative of a beautiful bluebonnet field in the Alamo Ranch neighborhood.
*Special thanks to Sabrina for taking these great pictures of me and the Sam-man.
I decided to go back and take some pictures of Sammy on his actual birthday....


3 comments:
Great pictures! I just love them. Awesome job!
The pics with you and Sammy show your sweet love toward him. And you are so smart in putting Sammy on a blanket, because another tidbit of info I found out about blue bonnets is that rattle snakes and fire ants like them just as much as true blue Texans!
Dear Lauren,
I love the first picture, please send me a copy. I also love Sammy's pose on the YL blanket. Good stuff.
Mom
Post a Comment