Here's a quick post on Halloween here at the Salinas household. The weekend before Halloween we picked up three pumpkins for our family with the help of Sam-man. To say that he's been obsessed with pumpkins this year would be a huge understatement. Our neighborhs across the street have a ceramic pumpkin outside their house and every single day we HAVE to go over and pat the pumpkin. Flash forward to visiting the pumpkin patch. When we arrived it was as if the heavens had opened up and a choir of angels stood singing Handel's Messiah over the patch. Sammy was that excited. He just ran around smiling, screaming and patting every pumpkin he could get his little hands on. It was hard to keep up. :)
The Pumpkin Patch
Last year's photo on the saddle with Nana and Papa Joe.
On Halloween Day we met our friends Shawna, Tommy, and Caroline to take pictures together because Sammy and Caroline are great buddies. After taking pictures, I let Sammy stay up past his bedtime to hand out candy to the trick or treaters. At first he was a unsure about handing out candy to random people but he quickly caught on and seemed excited to fill the trick or treaters candy bags. We had a lot of trick or treaters come to our house. I gave out over 400 pieces of candy in a little over an hour. By 7:30 we were out of candy and Sammy was off to bed. Nate and I spent the rest of the night relaxing and resting from the faboulous weekend.
Pictures from Shawna. Thanks!
Handing out the candy.
Last year's costume. Our little Yoda.




6 comments:
Sam man makes me smile! I love his costume - when did you find the time to put that together? I also like Nathan's costume to match Sammy's - I hope Nathan did not get any pumpkins thrown at him for wearing an Eagles jersey!
Thank you for this great update! Sammy is getting bigger and bigger! His Grammy adores him.
In addition - the pictures of Caroline and Sammy are adorable.
Love
Mom
The costume came out great! I love the pictures Shawna took of you guys and I love your description of Sammy's excitement about at the pumpkin patch. I also love the picture of Sammy peering over Nate's shoulder looking for trick-or-treaters :)
My fav pic is of Nate and Sammy watching for the next trick or treater...but so many adorable pics!! Go Eagles today, eh?!
I love that photo of you holding Sammy. His love of pumpkins is adorable. =)
Lauren, you look beautiful! And that Sam. What a great little guy (he looks like your brother, but his personality surely does remind us of his dad! Of course, JB and Nathan are dangerously similar, too!)
Can't wait for the Pulte Bowl updates. Will Sammy be one of the referees??
We love you guys.
Love the photos! What a handsome guy that Sammy is.
Nathan has got to get another jersey!! No. 5?
:)
Love, Grandpa
Post a Comment