Monday, February 6, 2012

Project 54:5 Viewpoint

We spend a lot of time at the playground.  Especially now since winter in Texas is so nice.  Sammy loves the playground. He loves to slide, hang, jump, and climb.  I love the joy that comes out of him when he's outside having fun.  

This last week, I was taking pictures of the boys with my phone when Sammy asked if he could take a few picture himself.  I showed him how to use my phone and he was off snapping away.  Later, while weeding through lots of pictures, one caught my attention.  He took one of himself just before going down the slide. It was awesome to see because the slide is a very steep one that curves at the end. And, to a little guy, you can't see where you're going. I imagine that he took the picture because it was something that he was about to conquer, something tall and steep yet exciting and adventurous.

I love this picture because it reminds me that what I see is a boy sliding down a slide.  I see a boy having fun.  But from his viewpoint, he's conquering something enormous.  From his viewpoint, a day at the playground is filled with excitement and adventure.





Sliding from my viewpoint.

Sliding from Sammy's viewpoint.

Of course we need a picture of Penn!

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love this post. Thank you for the reminder to try to see things through our kiddos eyes. It is oh so different from ours. I needed that. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Point of view - such a great lesson for all to learn.
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...I wish I could see Penn's viewpoint....

The Granings said...

I agree with Karen. Thank you for such a wonderful reminder. I think I am going to have to try this one too!