Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Project 52:35 Unpacking


Boxes, boxes, and more boxes.  Our blog has been a little neglected over the past few weeks.  I am way behind on my yearly project, but did want to let our family and friends know what's been going on here in Alaska.  We moved into our new home the friday before Labor day.  Since then, we've been spending every spare minute trying to unpack and settle in.  Winter will be here in just a few, short weeks so we're racing to beat the first snow flurries.  

This move has been different than our moves in the past.  In the past, we would start our time in a city with a group of people all at the same stage of life (i.e.: college, medical school, residency).  It really gave us a great community of friends who all knew exactly what our circumstances were at the time.  Here everyone is a different stages in their lives so it's been a little more difficult to connect with others.  I guess we're finally in the "real world".  I'm confident though that God has a specific plan for our time here.  

Despite the slowness of finding community, Nate and I are so happy to be in Fairbanks.  We love our house and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking.  Plus, in the mornings, the boys beg to be outside in the yard which makes me a very happy momma.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh...I marvel and your hard work in making your home grand. It is a new stage of your lives and you will see how each stage as a family is rich in memories and love. I am proud of you
Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

ahh..so much work...yes, welcome to the "real world" and embrace it. You and Nathan will see that each stage of your growing family is filled to over flowing with fun, ups, downs, and overwhelming and abundant richness.

I am very proud of you and I feel confident that you and your family will bring that "Salinas Style and Fun" to Fairbanks.
Love Mom