This week is one of the biggest events in San Antonio, Fiesta. The entire city is celebrating Fiesta with parades, food, fun and parties. I absolutely love it. However, this year Sammy and I are planning to host our own version of Fiesta, we like to call it Siesta week. Although not many siestas are happening over here at la casa de Salinas. As much as I'm trying to baby whisper, it's been hard to get on a schedule. Sammy seems to want to be on his own schedule and not Mom's.
Motherhood has been both like I thought it would be yet also very different. Regardless of the number of people who warned me about months of sleepless nights, nothing can really prepare you for it. I am seeing hours of the night that I haven't seen in years. Then again, in the wee hours of the morning when I am just about to hit my breaking point, for one second I catch a glimpse of a little smile. It makes it all worth it. I can't wait for the day when he knows he is actually smiling at me. :)
6 comments:
Lauren, I felt the same way when Sidney was born. Even though I heard all about having a newborn, I had no idea just how hard giving birth, recovering, and dealing with little sleep would actually be--it was shocking!!! Hang in there, it will get easier!! :)
Sammy is so handsome! If he only knew the trouble he was causing his mother...
Lauren, so fun to see you have a blog! Keep writing! :) Sammy is one handsome dude! You guys all look great! (Love the picture of you reading the book!) Oh, those sleepless nights... I tried so hard to do the schedule thing, until my pediatrician finally told me to just let Finlay lead me until he was about 4 months old and his brain (and its self-soothing mechanism!) matured a bit. It helped me tremendously. I finally gave up getting so frustrated and just let it go. But I should probably stop with any of my own stories. You're the best momma for Sammy, and he's the best little guy for you... a perfect match! You'll figure it out together! :)
Sending lots of love from the Manifold's to the Salinas'!
Sammy is soooo stylin'! I love it!
So beautiful, Lauren!! You and Sammy will keep getting to know each other... enjoy this process!
you're so cute...siesta week! love it! This is just for a season...
Post a Comment