Friday, June 19, 2009

Two scoops of ice cream and a diet coke


Today was Sammy's two month well baby appointment.  Little Sammy is now a whopping 11lbs 8oz and has now joined the 25th percentile.  YAY!  Unfortunately, it was the first in a series of shots and I made two critical new mom mistakes.  The first was to schedule his appointment right during nap time so that he was already crying BEFORE he got the shots.  The second was deciding that today was going to be the day that I would go cold turkey on his pacifier and, therefore, did not have it with me at the appointment.  Let's just say, the whole experience was so traumatic that I decided to treat Sammy to ice cream after the appointment.  Since the ice cream was by way of nursing, I had to take one for the team and eat the ice cream for Sammy.  It's a tough job but, as a mother, I was willing to make the sacrifice.  We were already at Wendy's, so I decided to add in a cheeseburger and a diet coke.  That's just how much I love my son.  Next time I'll know to always bring a pacifier and ice cream can ease any pain.

7 comments:

shawna [of styleberryBLOG] said...

you are HILARIOUS! I will learn from your mistake & for that...I thank you! I'd say you sufficiently made up for it! Everybody loves ice cream!

JB Sr. said...

Very funny. I don't think most parents would think of your two self-asserted mistakes. You are doing great! I also hope you not reacting to your brother's comments on binkie withdrawal.:)

Josh and Heather said...

Lauren, you crack me up! Great story. I think we all relate, all too well! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the blog's new look! And Sammy is getting cuter by the day :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of the updates - It is amazing watching him get bigger and bigger...and those eyes....oh my!

Anonymous said...

Lauren - you make me smile!

I remember when I took you to the doctors for shots...I always felt so bad!

Just give Sammy a lavender bath - and enjoy your ice cream!
Love you
Sammy's Grammy
Mom

Debbie said...

Your wisdom is growing wide and deep, dear Lauren! (And pretty funny, too :-) There may be a book growing in you. Oh, I forgot...this blog IS a book!)