A months worth of luggage? Check. Full tank of gas? Check. Sammy? Check. All set.
Here is a photo of the packed car. And not to toot my own horn, but I'm a really good packer. If you could get a Ph.D in packing, I would be head of the class. Nate, of course, would be teaching the class, he's a good packer too.
We started the first leg in our month long road trip today. First stop, Houston, to see Nate. During the drive Sammy sat in his car seat repeating, "DaDa". Yes Sammy, we are going to see DaDa. "DADA!" Yes.
3 1/2 hours and 218 miles. We made it and it was so nice to see "DADA!" after such a long time.
6 comments:
I'm so excited that you and Sammy got to see DADA! And that we are part of your month-long road trip. See you guys soon!
Great job packing! This traveling is hard but you will see that it is a great experience for Sammy. Do you remember all of our family trips? Yes..you are a great packer...and someone fun to travel with. Now you are passing this tradition on to Sammy.
Psalm 121
I think there should be packing competitions because there are people who are truly good packers and those who just think they are. I have seen first hand that you and Nate lead the pack... in good company with my man Toby :)
But, I don't like the idea of a month long trip. San Antonio needs some Salinas action. But, I'm glad Sammy has his DaDa and Momma!
ps. does it bother Sammy when you hug Nate? I hope he is a bit more willing to share you with Nate than he is with his friends!
I think your packing even has an artistic design to it! You can make any trip "beautiful". You will be missed here! Blessings
Tammy - you are right. It does look artistic. I like the orange handle of the Sammy's shovel sticking out of the green bag.
Tammy, you are so sweet...Lauren's mom
Great job! I can testify you were well prepared--but no excess either. The best thing you brought was yourself (and ditto to Nathan and the Sam-Man). How we love having time with you.
I was excited to get home Wednesday night and spot your pack-n-play here. . . sign that we will see you again next month. Ah. That feels good.
Post a Comment