Monday, July 5, 2010

Hand in Mine


I was blessed to have some time off this past 4th of July weekend (hence the blog posts) and so had the opportunity to go to the pool and to share gelato. I also was able to eat dinner with both Lauren and Sammy for consecutive nights (Sammy's usually asleep by the time I get home). The weekend was awesome. One cool thing that Sammy learned this weekend was how to put his hands in ours while we prayed. We weren't able to get a pic of this tender moment but Sammy's hand in mine as we gave thanks for our dinner will be forever 'digitized' in my mind.

Sammy, I can't wait to hold your hand as you grow to be a man, and I promise to catch you whether at the top of your leap or the bottom of your fall.

5 comments:

JB Sr. said...

You are a good Dad, Nate! We pray for you, your family and your relationship with Sammy on a daily basis.

Grandpa

Toby and Rebecca said...

It's so great to hear from you Nate! I am glad you got some time off... does that make 15 minutes total since you have been there?

What a sweet message this is for Sammy- it sorta makes up for the fact that you guys are tying him to the chair in the previous post! ;)

Anonymous said...

You are a GREAT dad, Nate...now start working on Psalm 121 ASAP

pjtj said...

Sammy is so blessed to have you guys as his parental folks! I am now catching up on your blog and your "dad life" video is hilarious! Also, I do have a portable high chair you can borrow, though the Houston red neck chair is awesome, too!

Debbie said...

I LOVE this photo (kudos to Lauren!!) It is so YOU, Nathan. And also so Sammy--joyful and free. (unless tied to his redneck high chair)