Monday, August 23, 2010

Stop #4: Jersey, Seriously!

Every time we travel home to Pennsylvania our trips seem to mirror each other.  We spend some time visiting family, eating cheesesteaks, relaxing at home and just enjoying the wonderful things that you can only get in PA.  But this past trip, I was able to take a little journey outside of the norm to see two of my college roommates, Kyla and Beth.  

We had a wonderful visit together.  Kyla lives in a beautiful part of New Jersey.  Yes, that's right, New Jersey. :) We went hiking, visited the horse farms near her home and caught up on old times.  What I have to say about my relationship with Kyla and Beth is that its simply easy.  We lived together for three years in college, we know each others best and worst and when we get together it's just easy: easy to talk, easy to be myself, easy to listen, like family.  
I really love these girls.


Sammy with Kyla's son David


Bethy and Sammy






David was practicing his helper skills because he's going to be a big brother very soon!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, Lauren! The last one is an award winner! I love Beth and Kyla - and I praise God for the layers of friendship you share. Not only simply easy...but simply priceless. The three of you look exactly the same...hmmm....actually you all look better. I love the picture of Sammy between the trees..ahhhh those big eyes and those deep dimples!! Love Grammy