We have some exciting news! Nathan, Sammy and I are expecting a sweet new addition to our family. Baby number #2 is due in early March. We are overjoyed and slightly surprised but can't be more thankful for this little blessing.
Watching Sammy has given me a different type of excitement for this child. I worry a lot less about the first several months and think a lot more about who this baby will be and how the baby will add to/change our little family. Will this baby be quiet? Loud? Funny? Serious? Laid back?
We thank God every day for this baby. Not only is God knitting together our baby but he's also knitting together our family so that each of us will be forever changed by one another. And I am so thrilled to be apart of this new change in our family's life.
Watching Sammy has given me a different type of excitement for this child. I worry a lot less about the first several months and think a lot more about who this baby will be and how the baby will add to/change our little family. Will this baby be quiet? Loud? Funny? Serious? Laid back?
We thank God every day for this baby. Not only is God knitting together our baby but he's also knitting together our family so that each of us will be forever changed by one another. And I am so thrilled to be apart of this new change in our family's life.
The Proof
Sammy's and Nate's first reaction to the news.
Just kidding, this is Nate's actual reaction.
Unfortunately, the previous picture IS Sammy's first reaction.
Finally, first pictures of the baby



8 comments:
Oh we are soooooo excited for you guys and I just love the post!!! This baby is coming into a wonderful family. What a blessing!
Congratulations Lauren & Nate! That is so exciting - Sammy will be a WONDERFUL big brother. =)
Yay!!! I can't wait to meet baby #2. I love you guys so much!
WOO-HOO! The whole world is blessed! And Papa Joe and I are so excited to be in on the blessing :-) Loved the insight and power of your reflections, Lauren. (and the photos--even the mock one. You guys are too much fun.)
Love, Nana
ahoo!!!!! We are so happy for baby Salinas numero dos! Sammy will be a great big brother!!
ps. I love the picture of Surprised Nate- awesome photography friend!
Love Sammy's reaction!
Lauren - you have the right frame of mind....family is the best thing around....a real gift from our Lord. God is giving you another blessing...remember it is something to take care of, spend time with, love, encourage, discipline...all soooo gooodddd. A gift to be a mother...only you, Nathan, JB, Bethany and Zach can call me mom...a very special name.
I must admit I love the new baby so very much and can hardly wait to hold him/her.
Just looked again at the pictures of the new baby - and thinking about how close our family is...and I pray that your own family will have that same close bond. (I know they will!) What a blessing! God is so wonderful!
Love you!
Sammy and sweet little gift from God's Grammy
Mom again...just studied the pictures of the baby and was thinking about how amazing God is to form man. . . even more amazing is that He already knows this little one. . . intimately. Glory be to Him! Do I hear an AMEN?
Post a Comment