I love the Fall. The weather turns colder, the leaves change colors, sweaters are pulled out of the closet, the sun sets lower in the sky, and the evenings are immersed in a warm glow. It's also a fabulous time to capture memories. Over the past few months I've noticed that it is much harder for me to capture great pictures of Sammy. The majority of my pictures are of him running away or the side of his face or the back of his head. He's on the move and just does not have the time to stop and wait for his mom to take a picture.
One of my favorite blogs that I follow is Me Ra Koh Photography. She's an amazing photographer and inspiration for me in my photography. Over the summer she posted some great tips on taking silhouetted photos. Until now I hadn't had the chance to practice and since I don't need Sammy to stand still to take the photo, I thought that it would be the perfect exercise for developing my understanding of photography. I think the photos turned out great and can't wait to try this technique again. Each time I see the first photo I can't help but start singing in my head, "It's the Circle of Life....." :) I hope you like them.
9 comments:
Silhouettes of your guys are fabulous! Especially love the Salinas Lion King photo, too!
I love these. Lauren, you are so talented at capturing the beauty of your family. It's official... you will be doing all of our future family photos! Can't wait to see this little guy at Thanksgiving. I miss those dimples!
Sammy is enormous! We need to skype soon.
P.S. Pink pajamas, penguins on the bottom.
Absolutely beautiful.
Subjects and pictures!
Lauren, you are SO talented sister!
I am with Bethany - you are amazing, Lauren. God has blessed you with such an artistic flare not only in your photography - but in your home, and in who you are.
Do you remember me singing the circle of life song? Well...I am singing it now.
JB is right - Sammy is huge. I can hardly wait to love him.
Love
Grammy
loving where your photography journey is going, Lauren! Beautiful!
I do love the silhouette effect--but also the fabulous capture of Sammy's joy and intensity (and YOUR joy and fulness, and NATE's joy and strength).
Love, Nana
Papa Joe says: I agree, several photos did remind me of the amazing circle of life--beginning and never ending. My, how Sammy has changed since I last saw him (just a few weeks ago!) The golden highlighted hair is a nice accent that I no longer have, but it's a nice toch on him. The photos are so full of love.
Papa Joe
gasp! that first shot is breath-taking. I love him running at you, too.
Post a Comment