Last month I had the amazing opportunity to attend the Me Ra Koh Confidence Workshop. I've been following Me Ra's blog for the past two years since Rebecca introduced her to me via Holly. When I found out that Me Ra was coming to San Antonio I new that I really wanted to find a way to attend the conference. For those of you who know what it's like to be married to a resident, you know that for me to attend pretty much needed to be a God thing because of Nate's schedule. Thankfully, Nate was able to take the weekend off to be with Sammy, I gave up six months worth of personal choice (blow money for the Dave Ramsey fans :) ) and I signed up with Rebecca, Holly, and Maggie to attend the workshop. I was so excited because it was the first thing that I've actually done for myself since Sammy was born.
The purpose of the workshop is to give women the confidence to learn more about photography, their cameras, and to give confidence (obviously). I knew that the conference was going to technically teach me a lot but I never knew how emotionally impactful it would be. You see, what I love about Me Ra is that she doesn't just teach the mechanics of photography, she's able to speak to the heart of photography. She goes beyond the technical and pulls out the what we are each trying to express through our lenses. At the conference we shared our experiences, fears, struggles, and joys. We laughed, we cried, we got frustrated with our cameras ;). It was a full experience from beginning to end. It's amazing how the art of photography brought each of us at the conference together. Regardless of the fact that we were each coming from different life phases, we all had the desire to capture life, to capture moments. Because isn't that what photography is all about? Freezing moments in time, capturing beauty in the everyday.
I guess the purpose of me writing this down on our blog is so that I can remember how much this weekend meant to me, how it gave me a purpose in my photography, and how it inspired me to be confident in this passion that God gave me. I hope that I can continue to learn, to grow and to capture the beautiful, simple moments of life.
Also, I must say that I wouldn't have had this opportunity it weren't for my supportive, wonderful husband. Thank you, Nathan, for giving me this gift, for allowing me to begin this adventure, for taking care of Sammy during the weekend, for not freaking out when I brought home my photography "wish list" and for overall being supportive. Thanks.
(Photos from the conference. All taken in a hotel restaurant. Just to further show that beautiful moments can be captured anywhere. )
The ladies with Me Ra and Brian





1 comment:
Thank you Nathan for supporting Lauren; Lauren has always been creative. Lauren, the pictures are beautiful, especially the picture of the baby - and his or her eyes sparkling. I like your comment about freezing the moment in time. I am looking forward to seeing more "capturing the moments" photography from you. So glad that you had your gang of SA gals with you!
Love
Mom
Post a Comment