Thursday, March 17, 2011

Penn, You're one month old.

In two weeks Sammy will be two years old.  Penn is already one month old. One month!  I know this is only a small milestone but hearing it makes me want to slow the days down.   At one month, Penn, you have already added so much to our family.  How did we ever exist without you?  I see so many similarities to Sammy, yet you are very different. You are much louder than he was as a baby and much quicker to express your needs.  You have so many facial expressions for such a young thing.  And you've definitely inherited the Salinas love of sleep. ;)  I can't wait to learn more and more about you as you grow and develop.
Recently I read this quote," ...motherhood is made up of celebrations and griefs.  You celebrate every bit of growth and development your baby makes, and you grieve the sweetness of the stages they've outgrown." This quote resonates with me strongly each time I look at my two boys because of the speed at which they are growing, changing, and developing.   

A few weeks ago, we were able to have our first photo session as a family of four.  I'm so thankful for the pictures because they show exactly who we are at this moment in time.  They celebrate the growth of our family and the sweetness of this stage of our life.

Thank you Rebecca for the beautiful pictures. 



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautifully written post, Lauren. I especially love the quote you used and would like to add an "Amen" to how fast children grow up. I remember feeling so sad when you three lost your "gummy smile" and your first tooth popped out. Silly isn't it?

It is amazing how much love you have in your heart as your family grows? It is like the story about the Grinch Who Stole Christmas...his heart grew. It is the same with motherhood, with each day your heart grows.

Right now I am praising God for little Penn - and I pray he will always lift his face(expressions and all) unto the hills and know that his help comes from the Lord.

Thank you for allowing my heart to grow with you and now with the boys. I miss them.

Oh, yes, Rebecca, your pictures are beautiful!

Love
Mom

Anna said...

What stunning images! What a happy little family! These early days with a baby, such a magical time. I'll be hoping that just for a little while, time slows down for you. That's always my wish, too.

Sab Mad said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful family!!
So happy for you friend!

pjtj said...

Wow, Lauren, for some reason I missed this entry until now. What amazing pics. My fav pics are of you and Nate looking at each other with such love...where it all started. Love them...you have quite a photographer!

JB Sr. said...

Lauren, Nate, Sammy and Penn,

Beautiful video with fabulous pictures. It really captured some wonderful moments both staged and impromptu. Can't say that I can pick one as my favorite, they are all great!

The only thing I am disappointed in is that "excavator" didn't make the shoot. Did you consider it for the music? :)

Love you all and we are so happy and proud of you as a family.

Love,
Grandpa

Davies Family said...

What two great slideshows full of awesome photos!! You have such a beautiful family!

Davies Family said...

What two great slideshows with awesome photos! You have such a beautiful family!