Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas and a New Year

Christmas has come and gone and we are already a week into 2012. A lot of family time has been spent together over the last few weeks.  Nate had Christmas weekend off and the first week of January.  We've definitely been spoiled having him home.  

Here are a some pictures of our Christmas 2011.

Outtake from our Christmas Card.  

Christmas card, you ask?

Yes, we do have a Christmas card.  Currently a 100 cards are sitting on my desk, waiting to be mailed. It's a long story as to why they haven't been sent, but hopefully they'll be in the mail soon. So you may be wished a "Merry Christmas" from us in February. Is their a grace period for sending out cards?  I figure you get an extra month for each kid. :) 

This year was so much fun for us as parents because we were able to experience Christmas through the eyes of a two year old.  In the past, Christmas was just another day to Sammy.  But not this year.  We were able to talk with him about the celebration of Jesus birthday and the joy of giving gifts to others.  It really was a blessing to all of us.  Sammy seemed to take the gift giving concept to heart.  In fact, he claimed that every gift under the tree was from him! "Look Mama, another gift for you.  From, me."  It was very sweet even if he was taking credit for other people's gifts.

Ahh, Penn.  We are so happy that you are apart of our family.  This was your first Christmas.  You are our gift this year. A very special gift.

We have a tradition of making cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning.  It makes the entire house smell so yummy.


Nate and Sammy reading about the Christmas story.

Roughhousing

So happy to have Daddy home

More Roughhousing

The exact moment when I realized that I was the next target.

Did I mention that we have a lot of roughhousing in this house?  The next time you're here, watch out for the Giant Fist of Fury.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Oooooh. I love Christmas at your house! It looks incredibly warm and fun and full of love and life. (Oh! Just like your family!) I did tear up at the photos of Nathan with the boys. God bless you in the new year with your hearts' desire: TIME and the grace to spot it and seize it!
Thank you for sharing your powerful lives with us.

Karen said...

What sweet pictures. I love your family one by the trees and the one of Sammy coming after Mama!! Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Salinas' Style! Wrestling...Cinnamon Rolls...Trucks...Family Pictures!
Smiles...hmmm...all so grand.

Anna said...

Lauren, so good to read an update from you! Your boys are too beautiful, and I love your pictures (the outtake of your Christmas card is especially gorgeous). I hope you are doing well!

Toby and Rebecca said...

What a great Christmas and captured so beautifully!! Can't wait to get a Christmas card. Easter seems like a fair cut off so you have plenty of time! ;)

The Granings said...

I love it! I agree with Rebecca....Easter seems like a great cut off. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. A trip to Texas is in the works for us in March. Hopefully we can see you guys and introduce you to my hubby and Norah Grace!

Anonymous said...

I love seeing how Nathan truly enjoys his boys - it shows all over his face.
Nathan you are a very Good Father!