Saturday, January 14, 2012

Project 52:1 Taking Down Christmas


I usually don't make New Year's resolutions.  But this year I'm going to break the mold and make a New Year's resolution.  My resolution for this year is to join Project 52.   Project 52 is a weekly photographic assignment.  Each week I will post a picture about our little family.  

Since having Penn, it's been a lot harder for me to find time to post on the blog.  The majority of the post last year were about holidays, vacations, visits from friends and family.  All of which are very important to me, but I feel I've lost a little of what our daily life is like.  The daily activities, the playing, the laughs, the cries.  I'm hoping that Project 52 will help me in capturing for Sammy and Penn their life as little ones. 

In some ways this will be easy for me because I get to photograph the ones I love.  On the other hand, committing to posting once a week,  makes me a little bit nervous and overwhelmed.  But isn't that what resolutions are about? Giving yourself an achievable goal but making sure that it stretches you at the same time.  I think this will be it for me.  

Since I decided to begin this two weeks into January, I am going to post two pictures for this week to make up for the first week of January.  I hope that you enjoy this journey of mine.

Project 52:1 Taking down Christmas

Penn was more than happy to help me pull the lights off the tree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet he had been waiting to do that since the tree went up :) I am looking forward to all of your posts and following your journey!!

JB said...

Can't wait to see the pics! Finally I won't have to wait a month without seeing a new post on your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely new year's resolution, my dear.